Times-2™ is a compact storage system which rotates for fast access from either side, and gives double the depth for more multimedia storage.
Unlike ordinary lateral files, the special rotary cabinet design takes space planning to a whole new level. You can save space, divide space, and place Times-2™ where no ordinary lateral cabinet can go.
Times-2™ and the Times-2 Elite with faceted, elegant design lines, provide more versatile storage than laterals. This rotary system stores so much more including:
- Files in three styles: hanging, end tab, and top tab
- DVDs and CDs
- Office supplies
- Coats and personal items
Click through our photo gallery to see the versatility of our Times-2 rotary system.
Why settle for lateral files?
Times-2 is the flexible multi-media
The Advantages of Times-2™
Times-2™ combines the advantages of both lateral and vertical cabinets into a unique rotating system that allows for greater versatility in space planning.
Click on the photo gallery to the right to see the many options and advantages of Times-2™.
Why settle for lateral files, when there’s Times-2™?
One 7-Tier Times-2 Speed File stores almost as much as three 4-Drawer Lateral Files and requires less space.
More Storage Space
Ten 7-Tier Times-2
20 Standard Laterals
|3,360 Filing Inches||3,200 Filing Inches|
More Work Space
|190 square feet of extra space||
Trying to fit a world of information into traditional filing systems is a frustrating task. That’s why we’ve developed Times-2, a compact storage system that rotates for fast access from either side – gives you double the depth for more multimedia storage.
Times-2 Speed Files are completely customizable to fit your space – your way. Whatever your business, whatever your need, there’s a versatile accessory available. When you demand maximum work space efficiency, check out the options Times-2 offers to create a tailor-made solution for you.
It’s all about the look
Comfortable in your space, confident in the corner office, or compatible with the conference room, Times-2 Elite makes a bold design statement with elegant faceted lines.
Time-2 Elite can be ordered in 29 beautiful colors in our eco-friendly Gloss-Tek powder coat. See our COLOR SELECTOR.
Canopy Top Options
Although Times-2 Elite comes standard with a metal canopy top, three additional options can add elegance to your space.
- Wood-Tek: hand-finished, furniture quality top that comes in 10 elegant stains and five species of wood. This exclusive line can also be color matched to your existing office suite.
- Granite: Choose from a selection of four beautiful engineered granite tops to complement your decor.
- Green Composites: Top Times-2 Elite with a canopy that fuses transparent tempered glass with recycled glass and semi-precious fragments. Available in subtle or vibrant tones.
Door and End Panels Options
- Wood-Tek: Customized your Times-2 Elite Doors and End Panels with elegant Wood-Tek.
- Fabric: Enhance Times-2 Elite End Panels and Door Panels with luxurious commercial fabrics in a wide array of textures and colors to match your office setting.
Sometimes you just want to have fun with space planning...sometimes work spaces aren’t perfect.
Problem solved with Times-2
Interconnect units in varying heights to make an efficient use of your unique space. Go under and around windows or wall mounted building controls.
Create a workstation for printers and fax machines by connecting 2 short to 2 tall units.
Times-2 Step-up, Step Down
The exclusive Step-Up, Step-Down* System is designed for the office that needs compact multimedia storage and work space all in one. The two center units feature a task area with countertop** that is great for printers, fax machines, copiers, phones, mail meters and more.
Be Creative, Use Step-Up Step-Down:
- Under low windows to use wasted space
- Between workstations for shared storage
- Under thermostats or wall-mounted controls
- Conference rooms with drop screens or smart boards
- Executive suites for storage and credenza use
- Dental or health care offices for filing and copying
- Mail rooms
- Common work areas
- Hall station environments along partition walls
Times-2, 2-Tier Unit
At only 29.5”, the 2-Tier Times-2 goes where no ordinary cabinet can go:
- Beneath low windows to maximize wasted space.
- By work stations for personal storage.
- Between work stations for shared filing and storage.
- Under printers, fax machines or desktop copiers when combined with a countertop.
- In tandem with other height Times-2 units to shape individual space.
Can’t decide how to configure your Times-2?
We take the guess work out of deciding.
- FN Units have Rollout Hanging Folder Frames and at 6-Tier through 8-Tier heights also have 1-3 shelves per side.
- RN Units have Rollout Drawers with Hanging Folder Frames at 6-Tier through 8-Tier heights also have 1-3 shelves per side.
- Standard units are configured with Adjustable Reversible Shelves which are commonly used for a variety of files, especially side/end tab folders and medical/dental records.
Times-2™ Accessory & Functionality Options
To provide the greatest flexibility, the Times-2™ line offers many design accessories to best accommodate your needs including:
Create a handy task area for your Aurora Times-2.
Slides out to use, stores flush when you’re finished - providing valuable work surface that is retractable.
Don’t sweat the small stuff...
You won’t have to with the Times-2 Accessory Drawer.
Use for CDs, tapes, pharmaceuticals, office supplies, and more.
Optional partitions and dividers create compartments to store whatever you have.
Accessory Drawer with partitions and dividers
Accessory Drawer for medical
Accessory Drawer for media
If you require an additional level of security in your Times-2, this drawer fits the bill for storing confidential files, electronic devices, and personal items.
Available with standard or Medco locks, the Security Drawer locks independently of the Time-2 units.
From general storage to hanging file folders, the Tub Drawer can handle it.
No file conversion necessary with our Rollout Fire Drawer. Storing top tab folders is a breeze. You can even add optional rails for hanging folders.
Letter size drawers provide 22.5” of filing space, legal drawers provides 28.5”.
Pass through panels open two tiers of space front and back in units that are 5-Tier through 8-Tier in height.
Store larger items such as boxes, laser printer cartridges, mailing tubes and more.
Hanging Folder Frame
Efficiently access hanging folders in this drawer which accommodates 22.5” linear inches of files per letter size drawer or 28.5” per legal size drawer.
Hand Release or Foot Pedal
Times-2 can be ordered with either a foot pedal or hand release. Either means of access provides a positive stopping action for even the most heavily loaded unit.
With Times-2 variety rules! Choose from a multitude of fabric or Wood-Tek overlays for doors or end panels.
Marker Board Overlays
Turn any Times-2 door into an instant marker board with magnetic dry erase overlay. Take impromptu meeting notes. Don’t worry, you can easily move the overlay from unit to unit.
Perfect for personal storage in the classroom, individual office or shared workspace, the wardrobe features a side for hanging coats, purses, and umbrellas, plus a series of half-shelves for storing other items.
Available in 5-Tier to 8-Tier units.
Times-2™ Client List
- West Point Military Academy
- Annapolis Naval Academy
- US Air Force Academy
- Chicago Cultural Center
- Clinton Correctional Facility
- Albion Correctional Facility
- Broward Sheriff
- State of Florida DOT
- Town of Davie, FL
- Fort Lee
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Aberdeen Proving Ground
- US Coast Guard Headquarters
- Bolling AFB
- Andrews AFB
- Langley AFB
- Fort Bragg
- Fairfax County Government
- Delta Airlines
- Boston Scientific
- General Mills
- Covenant Trust
- Duane Morris
- Paul Hastings & Janofsky
- Eastern Financial Credit Union
- Washington DC Center for Ambulatory Surgery
- Fairview Dental
- Hialeah Dental
- Iberia Comprehensive Community Health Center
- Jackson South Community Hospital
- Mission Hospital
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Bethesda Naval Medical Center
Delta Airlines Corporate Headquarters
Delta Airlines’s Central Filing Department had lateral files that were functional, but just not doing the job. The staff needed an efficient and versatile storage system with greater capacity. However, in an effort to save money, it was mandatory that their top tab filing system be retained without conversion to another file style. read more.
Fairview Dental Clinic
Of great concern was the adoption of a new filing storage system as a replacement for an outmodeled lateral mobile file system. The old filing system, located behind the reception area, contained exposed end tab files with no provision for locking or concealing the records from view. Staff members thought the antiquated system was noisy and inconvenient to use. read more.
Covenant Trust Company
Covenant Trust Company was slated to move from Chicago, Illinois, to a suburban location. Their storage needs were varied and included consideration for private offices, administrative areas, central records, and general office supplies. read more.